Hampshire College vs. Sarah Lawrence?
If any of you guys have any information about these schools please tell me! I personally can’t go to visit them because of financial reasons so i’m trying to build a mental vision of the schools so I won’t go there totally blind. I’m thinking of pursuing film but i’m not completely sure.
Here is a rough list I made for the reasons I like both schools
-5 college system
-good film program (student can borrow all these amazing equipment)
-When am I ever going to live in Massachusetts, so cool!
-Written Evaluations (I personally like this, but I’m not sure how future employees would look at this + graduate school)
-not as well known (Most people don’t know about Hampshire, and I know I shouldn’t care but again I’m thinking of future employment~)
- Proximity to NYC
-The Don System/Conference Style Teaching
-Well known reputation + harder to get into in terms of acceptance rates
-Great for writing (but how about everything else?? )
- you can only take 3 courses
-gender ratio discrepancy ( I like more of a 50/50 girl boy ratio)
-I heard the social scene is disheartening (that people are stuck up and pretentious—-> I would like some clarification because I kinda don’t believe this)
So please help me out! Your insight it greatly appreciated!~~~~
7:40:55 @ 4/23/2013
- hottiemcsnotty likes this
- gingerputin answered: As a HC student, my advice would to be to really look into whether HC can offer you the tools/classes you need to succeed in your studies.
- redheadwithbedhead answered: I’m a Hampshire student currently. I’ve heard grad schools like evals even more than grades, since they are more personal. HAMPSHIRE ROCKS!
- herstoryisdone answered: hamphsire students actually have more success in grad school than most schools- many get into programs at the ivy’s! no worry there! :)
- theglasscat answered: I had to choose between Hampshire and SLC too. I chose Hampshire because I could easily pursue multiple interests of study. ALSO IT’S AWESOME
- bratgrrl likes this
- couldntblue answered: I had this same struggle and chose Hampshire.
- holydumplingsbatman answered: i think it actually depends a lot on what you want to do, i go to hampshire and almost went to SLC, feel free to ask me anything.
- honey--or-tar answered: HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- sarahlawrenceactivitiescouncil likes this
- mysoulneedsair answered: I was choosing between Hampshire and Sarah Lawrence and ended up choosing SLC. If you want to talk about it I’d love to share my reasons :)
- usuallly-unusual answered: im going to hampshire! and actually, many graduate schools favor evaluations rather than grades. columbia and harvard especially!
- hedgehogs-dilemma answered: I go to Hampshire. Don’t worry about jobs/grad school. I’m going to intern at MoMA this summer and then go to grad school in the fall!
- gxesio answered: The single dorms at Hampshire aren’t actually all they’re cracked up to be. It ends up being very isolating. Hampshire is great though!
- chronicpains answered: Sarah Lawrence
- nightlifeinsomniac answered: hampshire sounds better to me. less limiting even if its less well known
- eyes-wide-shut-unopened answered: Hampshire students go to grad school at an alarming rate, I wouldn’t worry about the evals being a problem. They give a more well rounded
- iliketopointtomynose answered: I’m a Hampshire student! The eval system can turn off some employers, but others really love it. Our grad school acceptance rate is superb!
- soullessjoylessnewsie answered: Message me with any questions about SLC :)
- violet-lee posted this